It’s a fairly wide-ranging discussion, not just about our book but really about the state of comics. Among other topics touched on:
1. How reading Marxist cultural critic C.L.R. James influenced Kent’s comic criticism.
2. How academia is overcoming its textual bias and becoming more visually sensitive.
3. Why Little Lulu writer John Stanley deserves more respect.
4. Why the story of underground comics is about more than just San Francisco.
5. The difficulty of writing about artists like Alex Toth and Jack Kirby, whose visual style was so much greater than the stories they told.